Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy 18th Birthday!

My "Baby" turned 18 today... I know, I shouldn't really call him a "baby" anymore as he has grown into a very handsome young man! But he is my youngest, and as I've discovered, no matter how old we get, as parents we still see our children as our little children...

OK - so before I start getting all sentimental here & start misting up, (Yes - I have something in my eyes...) let me show you the card I made for him...


The paper I used was called "Bits A Bella" from the "Man of the House" collection by Bella Blvd. I first inked the paper using ColourBox Harbor ink before matting it to a Bazzill Cardstock  - Bahama (turquoise paper). I matted it a second time using Bazzill Cardstock  - Kraft before mounting it to the Bazzill Cardstock  - Pinecone base. I also used 3 brads to add some dimension.

As you can see, I used the same 2 cardstock colours on the inside, that I used on the outside, but this time I reversed the order, placing the Kraft cardstock on top of the Bahama cardstock in order to see the inside note more clearly.


Don't you just love the "lacy" corners! Not to long ago, I came across this old EK Success punch I picked up when we were in Oregon a couple of years ago, but for some reason just never seemed to use... until recently!! This has become my new favour punch, especially when making cards! So don't be surprised if you see it again soon!!!

Well I've rambled on enough for one day, so till next time... Happy Scrapping!! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment