Saturday, February 18, 2012

you & me time

A couple weeks ago, my daughter sent me the following message on FB... "Question...do you have any scrapbook paper that just isn't your style, and you aren't going to use? Or does something like that not happen with you?! Lol!"

Well this paper definitely falls under that heading... If I saw this paper on the shelf of my local scrapbook store, there is no way I would have bought it, but it came in a kit I received, so I finally decided to use it. I really didn't care how it turned out, so I also used other product that I normally wouldn't use... such as the cloth flowers & leaves. And you know what... I don't mind the way it turned out!... But I still don't like the colour & I still wouldn't buy it on purpose!! :-)



This line of paper is called "Claire" from S.E.I and as it is an older collection, I was not able to find a direct link to this complete collection to share with you.

So as I have already mentioned, I used product that I wouldn't normally use, such as the cloth flowers & leaves but I also used the clear journaling square. With all the colour that was on this page, I knew it was going to be difficult to add a journalling square that would complement the page... so I pulled out my stack of journalling square & found this one!

You will also notice that I had to cut 2 of my pictures as they cross over the centre of the page. Again, this isn't something I normally do, but because of the pictures I had chosen, it worked out well & doesn't take anything away from the pictures!

So the next time you come across some of that old paper in you stash that you just don't really care for, why don't you pull it out & try making a layout with it... don't worry about how it turns out, even try a few new techniques & see what you think!! You might be pleasantly surprised at how it turns out!  

Thanks once again for stopping by!

Till next time... Happy Scrapping!! :-)



0 comments:

Post a Comment