Friday, May 18, 2012

Back Again with "Introducing Wilson"

Do you find it hard to be "creative" when you are going through trials... when you are facing some sort of hardship? As much as I have wanted to spend time in my scrapbooking room creating a page or two, I just haven't been able to do it. Instead I sit on the computer and waste time surfing the net or playing mindless games on Facebook! OK there I admit it!! 


Well I finally told myself that enough is enough, life is passing me by & so many things have changed during that time that I need to get my camera back out & start taking pictures again! I can't turn back the clock & capture those moments but I can make sure I don't miss the next ones that come my way!


So on that note, let me show you a layout I made May 5th - National Scrapbooking Day... I had signed up for "Creative Crop" over at the bigpictureclasses.com website in celebration of the day! Every hour for 12 hours they would post a challenge. This was what finally got me to sit here and actually complete a page!!


Their first challenge was to "feature a photo with a fanciful frame".




Don't you just love the Pom-Pom ribbon! I've had it for awhile but I thought why not use it for my "fanciful frame"! Besides, it provides dimension to the page as well as colour! Both the pom-pom & ric-rac ribbons are from My Minds Eye "Fine and Dandy" line.


One thing that I found difficult when using this ribbon was that it kept releasing at the corners. To help secure it, I placed a small gold brad at each of the corners. Next time I think I would try using a glue gun!


I also made the circle embellishment located in the bottom right hand corner! The hardest part I found in making this was getting the glue to dry without loosing it's shape. Next time I will definitely use the glue gun!




The paper that I have used on this layout is from American Crafts "City Park Discovery Park" Collection from last year.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Till next time... Happy Scrapping!! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment